Effective: August 7, 2015
Our fundamental approach to privacy is summarized below and further detailed in the remainder of this document:
- We do not request personal information unless it is needed to provide our Services to you.
- We will not share your personal information with anyone unless (i) authorized by you, (ii) necessary in connection with providing the Services to you, (iii) as may be required by law or court order, (iv) in aggregate with all personally identifiable information removed, or (v) as otherwise stated in this policy.
- We only store personal information on our servers if it’s required for the on-going operation and support of our Services.
Information We Collect
There are several areas within our Services where you may be asked to enter both personal and non-personal information. There is also other information we collect as part of the ongoing operation of the Services as further detailed below.
Profile Information Provided
The iValu8 Services can provide benefits to individual users based on the use of the Services in connection with iValu8 Subscribers. To accomplish this, each user may create a profile which contains personal information to include name, e-mail address, phone number and any photos you submit. Expanded profiles for some of the Services may also include other personal details such as gender, birthdate, and social media addresses. In addition, Subscriber profiles may include additional information to include full address, billing information such as credit card number, social media credentials, and business profile information as provided by the Subscriber.
Other Personal Information Provided
During the course of using the Services, iValu8 collects other information provided by the user or Subscriber to include other demographic information, feedback, opinions, preferences, photos, comments and messages. For users that have opted to connect to or otherwise link the iValu8 Services with social media accounts, other data may be collected to include social media profile and user activities, but only to the extent that you authorized to make this information available and in accordance with the rules of each of the individual social media services.
Information Not Directly Provided
We also collect information about your ongoing use of the Services to include usage activity such as access, operation, purchase, and reward activity. For some Services, geographic location is collected to enhance the Services but only where the user has initially opted-in to this capability. We may also collect other information that your computer or mobile device provides to us in connection with your use of the Services, such as your browser type, type of computer or mobile device, browser language, IP address, mobile carrier, unique device identifier, location, and requested and referring URLs. Note that you are permitted to use some of the Services without creating a Subscriber or user account. However, even if you do not create a Subscriber or user account, you may not necessarily be anonymous and could still be personally identifiable to us through your IP address or to others by your content and personal information you post.
How we Use the Information we Collect
We use the information we collect for the internal operation of the Services in order to provide benefits to both individual users as well as our Subscribers. Users are provided with a number of ways to provide feedback to and engage with selected businesses, as well as to have the opportunity to access promotions, offers, discounts, rewards, and prizes as offered from time to time by the businesses. Subscribers are provided with a number of ways to engage with their consumers to obtain feedback and opinions, promote their business, reward loyalty, and offer fun activities to strengthen the consumer relationship and affinity.
We do not collect information unless it is needed to operate or improve our Services to users or specifically to Subscribers. We do not sell personal information so your name and other identifiable information will never be sold to a 3rd party. We only store personal information on our servers if it’s required for the on-going operation of one of our Services.
A user email address and name may be used when we or our Subscribers send notifications relating to use of the Services, and, if the Subscriber or user so elects, when we send regular notifications, updates, or other news regarding the iValu8 Services. In addition, we use personal information to diagnose problems with the Services, to make the Services more useful and to customize and personalize the Services for you.
Sharing of the Information we Collect
Except as explained herein, or where you are expressly informed otherwise, we do not sell, rent, trade or give away any of your personal information unless required by law or for the protection of your purchases. We will not share your personal information with anyone unless (i) authorized by you, (ii) necessary in connection with providing the Services to you, (iii) as may be required by law or court order, (iv) in aggregate with all personally identifiable information removed, or (v) as otherwise stated in this policy.
Note that some information that you post to the Services is intended for public viewing, including your non-profile photos and comments intended for social communities and/or in relation to voting campaigns and contests. By supplying this content, you give iValu8 permission to publish this content through the iValu8 platform on behalf of the iValu8 Subscriber. In some cases, an administrator authorized by the Subscriber or iValu8 may delete content from the community or post it on other third party Services communities related to that Subscriber (e.g. Facebook business page).
iValu8 takes every precaution to protect the information of Subscribers, as well as information collected from users of the iValu8 Services. The iValu8 account of every Subscriber is password-protected. We use industry standard measures to protect all information that is submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive and store it on our servers and within our databases. We limit the access to this information to those employees who need access to perform their job function such as our customer service personnel. However, no method of transmission over the Internet or via mobile device, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. Therefore, while we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. If you have any questions about the security at our website, please contact us.
Do Not Track
Some browsers incorporate a Do Not Track feature that signals to websites you visit that you do not want to have your online activity tracked. Tracking is not the same as using or collecting information in connection with a single website. For these purposes tracking refers to collecting personally identifiable information from consumers who use or visit a website or online service as they move across different websites over time.
Data Changes and Opt-Out
You can modify some of the information associated with your user account. You may change personal information that you provided as part of any profile or account creation through the web interface utilized to initially provide this information. iValu8 may alter, modify or delete any information you submit to the Services if it believes, in its sole discretion, it is necessary or desirable to do so.
iValu8 reserves the right to send you certain communications related to servicing your account, such as service announcements and administrative messages that are considered part of your account. Users or Subscribers who no longer wish to receive our email updates or other email notifications may opt-out of receiving these communications by following the instructions contained in the applicable email or by logging-in and changing their settings in the “Account Settings” section of the iValu8 Services. You can contact us at any time to decline promotional information by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. See Third Parties below for other opt-out information.
We share information about you with third parties as follows:
- Aggregate Information: We may share aggregate user information in a non-personally identifiable manner with third parties, including our Subscribers. Aggregate information is anonymous and will not be linked to any personal information for provision to third parties. We may share such anonymous information with our partners, without restriction, on commercial terms that we can determine in our sole discretion.
- Business Transfers: We may, in the future, sell or otherwise transfer some or all of our assets or equity to a third party, in connection with a merger, acquisition, reorganization or sale of assets or in the event of bankruptcy. Your personally identifiable information and other information we obtain from you via the Services may be disclosed to any potential or actual third party purchasers of such assets or equity and may be among the assets transferred. You acknowledge that such transfers may occur, and that any such third party may continue to use your personal information as set forth in this policy.
- Investigations: We may investigate and disclose information from or about you if we have a good faith belief that such investigation or disclosure is (a) reasonably necessary to comply with legal process and law enforcement instructions and orders, such as a search warrant, subpoena, statute, judicial proceeding, or other legal process served on us; (b) helpful to prevent, investigate, or identify possible wrongdoing in connection with the Services; or (c) required to protect our rights, reputation, property, or that of our users, affiliates, or the public.
The Services are intended for general audiences and are not directed to children under 13. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you become aware that a child has provided us with personal information without parental consent, please contact us. If we become aware that a child under 13 has provided us with personal information without parental consent, we take steps to remove such information and terminate the child’s account.
Subscribers and Users Located Outside of the United States of America